Tuesday, July 24, 2007

First Week of Training

Hello to all my friends and family!

I'm writing you from William Carey International University in Pasadena, CA. We've started our first week of training, and let me tell you, it is intense! We go from 7AM to 9:30PM and are usually really busy. We've already had one official day of training, and now that we're on our second, we're expected to begin teaching ESL classes! I am not training tonight, but my teammates Joel, Lisa, Leslie, and Amy will be. I'll probably start tomorrow night. We're teaching all levels of competency, not just people with some sort of skill. The beginners class actually looks easier than the advanced one. Some of the students know more than we do!

I only have the moment to update everyone, so I wanted to ask once again for your prayers and support. As far as I know, I am still waiting to see the fruition of God's abundance in terms of financial support, but I have faith that He will provide. Keep praying that He does! Secondly, it seems that I will not be able to get my grade fixed in time to graduate in July, so that will push me all the way back to December, but that shouldn't affect my ability to go to Viet Nam.

As I close, I'd just like to thank everyone who's praying for me and supporting me. Without you, I'd never even have begun this adventure.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Take care, Kenny!!

Anonymous said...

Kenny, I am so proud of you! God will bless you beyond your wildest dreams for listening to His call and doing His will...you are always in my thoughts and prayers...Keep doing everything to glorify God...You are turning more and more into an incredible man of God...Love you!
-noelle